Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Will You Stand in the Gap?

"So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one." -Ezekiel 22:30


This is perhaps one of the saddest verses in Scripture. God searching for someone to be an advocate for the land of Israel and He finds no one. Therefore, God poured out His indignation against the land and consumed them with the fire of His wrath (v. 31).

My thought is simple this morning (as it is every morning I'm sure!). Will you stand in the gap? Will you fill a role that is needed in the kingdom of God? Surely, the Lord is searching for men and women to 'fill the gap' and share the good news of Calvary's cross with the lost and dying of this world.

"The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." -Matthew 9:37-38

No comments:

Post a Comment