Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Living Godly in Christ Jesus

The other day I was going through my Bible reading plan, and read 2 Timothy chapter 3, verse 12, which says,

"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."


This sentence has stuck in my head. When I read this verse, I can't help but ask, am I really living godly in Christ Jesus? In North America we really don't suffer very much. You have to wonder why. "All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." This is a promise. If we are really living godly lives, the way we are intended to live, we are going to suffer persecution. If you're not suffering, examine your own life and see why. We can never be too holy, despite what some people may think. We must press on towards the goal, which is holiness.

The disciples and Christians that we read about in the book of Acts suffered. Why? Because they were completely obedient to Jesus' commands. He said preach the gospel. They preached the gospel, and they suffered for it. Think about this today. If you're not suffering persecution, it's possible that you're not living the godly life you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment